14 Hours CDE (2 Days)
Date: November 3-4, 2017
Join world renowned educator, Dr. Shankar Iyer for an informative 2 day presentation about Fixed Prosthodontics in Implant Dentistry. This course is part of module 9 of our AAID Maxicourse and has been given rave reviews every year.
Considerations in Implant Dentistry- Addressing Controversies in Treatment Planning
- When to choose classical fixed restorations on natural teeth and when to extract
- Immediate implants
- Considerations of angled implants vs. traditional implant reconstructions
- Bio-mechanical impact of zirconia restorations- should we make the switch to metal free ceramics? Are full contoured zirconia restorations state of the art?
- Periodontal aesthetics and soft tissue management
Restorative Excellence for Complete Arch Implant Cases
- Elaborate the diagnostic protocols for complete arch restorations
- Distinguish the differences between various implant prosthesis for full arch restorations
- Provide a sequential plan for pre-surgical prosthodontics and post surgical restorative options.
- Manage and treat simple to complex makeovers of the ailing and failing dentition with dental implants.
Failures and Complications In Implant Dentistry
- Identify the ailing and failing implant.
- Recognize immediate, early and delayed complications of implants.
- Formulate solutions for interim management of complications.
- Recommend treatment solutions for failures of implant restorations
- Learn how to treat the ailing implant.
Occlusal Principles in Restorative Dentistry
- What do we mean by Occlusion? – Introduction to Gnathology
- Myths and Mysteries behind Occlusion, Malocclusion and TMD
- Anatomical Considerations and Determinants of Occlusion
- Evaluation of concepts in Centric Relation, Premature Wear and Interferences
- Restorative Principles – Canine Guidance, Mutually protected schemes etc
- Occlusal principles for restoring implants
I would like to register for the Fixed Prosthetics for Implants Course
To register please call Chantel at 905-235-1006 or fill in this form
Dr. Shankar Iyer DDS MDS
Prosthodontist Diplomat, American Board of Oral Implantology Fellow, American Academy of Implant Dentistry Fellow, International Academy of Dental Facial Esthetics Fellow, Greater New York Academy of Prosthodontists Director: AAID Maxicourse Asia, Saudi Arabia, Abu Dhabi, New Delhi and Bangalore Co-Director: AAID Maxicourses Las Vegas, UMDNJ, Iran
Dr. Iyer is Clinical Asst Professor in the Departments of PG Periodontics, PG Prosthodontics and Implant Fellowship Programs at the New Jersey University Medical Dental School and at Rutgers University. He is President Elect of the American Academy Of Implant Dentistry, the Director of Smile USA Center for Reconstructive Dentistry and President of the Center for Educational Excellence. Dr. Iyer sits on the Editorial Board of the Journal of Oral Implantology. He has lectured in over 30 countries and maintains a private practice limited to Implant Dentistry and Prosthodontics.