103 Hours CE 3- 4 Day weekends
Tuition: $25,999 + HST
Early Bird Discount: $2,500 discount applied if registered before Oct 2
Begins: November 2, 2023
Incorporate IV Sedation into your Dental Practice
Benefits of IV Sedation for your practice
- Treat anxious patients
- Complete more treatment per appointment
- Perform invasive procedures comfortably
- Lower your stress and your patient’s
Providing IV sedation will completely change your practice. Knowing that you can comfortably treat anxious patients without stressing them or you is a game changer and a major growth vector for your practice.
Why choose Ti-Max?
- All you need to do to become licensed in IV Sedation is attend and pass the course
- All required patients are procured, pre-screened and included in your course fee.
- We provide trained RN’s for each doctor for each clinical session
- We provide all IV supplies, monitors and emergency equipment for the course
- No need to have a facility permit in order to become licensed
- Staff training is included for up to two clinical assistants. CE hours will be provided.
- The course includes ACLS and Healthcare Provider BLS training
- Expert faculty
- Amazing facility
- Location- Waterloo is easy to get to, we have ample parking and hotels are reasonably priced.
Course Dates 2023
- Session 1: Days 1-4: November 2-5, 2023
- Session 2: Days 5-8: December 7-10, 2023
- Session 3: Days 9-12: January 4-7, 2024
Course Dates 2024
Session 1: April 11-14, 2024
Session 2: May 9-12, 2024
Session 3: June 6-9, 2024
Session 1: November 7-10, 2024
Session 2: December 5-8, 2024
Session3: January 16-19, 2025
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
I would like to register for the
Ti-Max IV Sedation Program
To register please call Chantel at
888-978-1332 or fill in this form
Review the Course
- Introduction to Dental IV Sedation
- BLS and ACLS Certification
- Medical Emergencies in the Dental Office
- Emergency Drugs and Equipment
- Clinical Assistant Training
- Monitoring & Venipuncture
- Pharmacology of IV Sedation
- Patient Evaluation
- IV Sedation Basic Concepts
- Pathophysiology of IV Sedation and Co-existing Disease
- Clinical Days 1 & 2
- Local Anesthesia
- Nitrous Oxide Anesthesia
- RCDSO Regulations
- IV Sedation Complications and Management
- Clinical Days 3 & 4
- Course Review and Clinic Debrief
- Doctor Evaluations
What you need to know.
1. This program is designed to meet the American Dental Association (ADA) “Guidelines for the Use of Sedation and General Anaesthesia” adopted by the ADA House of Delegates: October 2016.
2. This program is intended to allow participants to receive authorization from their provincial Dental Regulatory Authority (DRA) to provide moderate parenteral and oral sedation to patients over the age of 12.
3. Some DRA’s require that the course be approved by them prior to enrolment. We recommend that you contact your DRA and determine their requirements
4. Ti-MAX Education Inc. is not responsible for any error or omission regarding the suitability of this course to meet your provincial DRA’s educational requirements
5. The ADA Guidelines for Teaching Pain Control and Sedation to Dentists and Dental Students, 2016 states:
"A minimum of 60 hours of instruction plus administration of sedation for at least 20 individually managed patients.”
Individually managed means the doctor taking the course starts the IV, administers the sedation to the appropriate level and performs the required dentistry with their staff assisting, as you would in private practice. This means no sharing of patients. Ti-Max will provide you with a minimum of 20 patients in order to meet this threshold.
6. The ADA Guidelines for Teaching Pain Control and Sedation to Dentists and Dental Students, 2016 states:
"The course director must certify the competency of participants upon satisfactory completion of training in each moderate sedation technique, including instruction, clinical experience, managing the airway, intravascular/intraosseous access, and reversal medications."
There is a possibility that if a participant does not perform satisfactorily during the course that the course director may not be able to write a letter to their dental regulator stating that they are competent in parenteral moderate sedation and airway management. All participants will receive the CE hours, but participants may not get a statement of competency from the course director.
All participants must:
- be registered with the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario (RCDSO) and hold a license to practice dentistry in the province of Ontario. Canadian Dentists not licensed in Ontario may procure a temporary license through the RCDSO for a fee.
- procure all the required IV sedation and emergency equipment, and medications as listed in your provincial guidelines prior to applying for their facility permits. We have arranged with our sponsors to provide all these materials in one competitively priced package. We are including a patient monitor that monitors BP, oxygen saturation, heart rhythm (ECG) and end tidal CO2 (capnography). Although ECG and capnography are not currently mandatory, these are recommended in some jurisdictions. Pricing for this package will be forwarded prior to the start of the course.
- bring all dental (non IV sedation) armamentarium/supplies required to treat their assigned patients. We provide all of the IV supplies, monitors and RN’s for the course.
- bring a dental assistant (HARP and BLS (HCP) certified) for the entirety of the clinic sessions. Participants may bring a different assistant for each clinical day (maximum 2 assistants). There will be an orientation session for all assistants and doctors on the morning of the first clinical session. This orientation will teach:
- the correct set-up of the room to administer sedation.
- documentation requirements for sedation and patient progress notes for treatment rendered on the course.
- an understanding of the operation of the clinic during the patient sessions.
The course fee is $25,999 + HST
Payment plans as follows
- Option #1: $10,000 + HST non refundable deposit + 2 Payments of $7999.50 + HST (if time allows)
- Option #2: $10,000 + HST non refundable deposit + 4 Payments of $3999.75 + HST (if time allows)
All course fees must be paid in full 30 days before before the course begins.
Cancellations and Transfers
This course requires a tremendous amount of preparation on our part to procure, screen and schedule hundreds of patients, a large faculty and staff. Our patient’s are seen pro bono and most cannot afford this work. They depend on participating Dentists to show up for their scheduled appointments. Therefore, program cancellation and session rescheduling will only be allowed under extreme circumstances with the following conditions:
Program Cancellation Policy:
Cancellations within 30 days of the program start date are not allowed. In this circumstance, the full tuition will be payable and non refundable. To transfer to another program date the participant will be required to re-pay the non refundable deposit fee which will be forfeited.
Cancellation before 30 days of the program start date will incur forfeiture of the non refundable deposit, but the rest of the tuition can be refunded. Participants may transfer to another program date without loss of the deposit or additional charges.
Session Transfer Policy:
In the event a participant is unable to attend any of the sessions in their program due to unforeseen circumstances, the session may be transferred to a future program with the following conditions:
- For didactics, this may be accommodated provided a spot is available in the following program.
- Rescheduling clinical days cannot be accommodated into future programs and will require additional one on one clinical days with an instructor.
- The fee for each required clinical day will be $4000.
Your Course Faculty
Dr. Stefan Ciz DDS MSc
Dr. David Harper DDS MSC
Dr. Iqbal Biswas MD FRCP(C)
Mr. Phil Hudson BPharm
Ms. Donna Wells RN
Dr. Angela Good MD FRCP(C)
Dr. Soheil Khojesteh DDS MSc
Dr. Micheal Sasso